"Jadilah seperti pohon rendang yang berbuah; dibalingkan dengan batu, tetapi diberikan buah sebagai balasan." ~Hasan Al-Banna~

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Acca Exam Tips

3 study habits to counter exam stress


I share tips from someone ACCA student blogger Shahroze Naeem.

Countering exam stress is not as easy as it seems. You need to work on both your studies as well as your mental skills to keep calm throughout the examination

1)Reading inspirational quotes of the day
Surrounding yourself with positive energy is very important, especially when exams are nearing. Being short-tempered, tired or exhausted when studying will not help you at all. Keep yourself calm, take some time to read inspirational quotes, and then prepare for exams. You will yourself note the difference. Two inspirational people that I liked to read about were The Dalai Lama and Muhammad Ali.

2)Practising timed questions each day
Another activity that helped me was practising at least one timed exam question each day. No matter what, I would keep my clock with me and practice the longest question. At first, it would seem almost impossible. However, over time, I did improve my writing speed and time my comprehension skills quite a lot.

3)Writing down essay-length answers, no matter how easy the question might seem
For non-native students such as me, going through the question and jotting down main points is not going to help. You need proper expression and sentence structure, something that can only be learned if you write down complete essay-length answers. If you are still reluctant to do this every day, I suggest you attempt these questions at least twice a week over the holidays.
I hope that you find these three study habits useful during your preparation for the next examinations. Let me know how these tips are working out for you. Let’s be stress-free for the next examinations.





2 comments:

  1. done follow you...do follow me back ya?? :-)
    http://eikorina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. good sharing!

    Yaya datang singgah. Selamat berkenalan :)

    yayaflanella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete