Natural health food movement, not exactly diet but lifestyle choice. It's about eating health , whole, unprocessed food and avoiding anything extremely/more processee & refined
Eating cleanly improves cardiovascular health because the vitamin c in fruits and vegetables maintain strength of blood vessels, loweing risk of coronary heart disease and protecting against stroke and high blood pressure.
Eating health fats lowers harmful cholestrol levels, while a diet rich in saturated fat increase blood cholestrol and runs a higher risk of clogging blood vessels.
Diet with a lot of processed foods, saturated fat, dried foof and processed meat will increase your risk of cancer while a clean diet with fruits and vegetables boosts your intake of cancer fighting phytonutrients and anti-oxidants,
Clean eating is not just good for your body, but also for mental health.
Where do you starts
- start limiting processed foods.
- eating more vegetables
- cut down saturated fat
- stop drinking soda
- cut down added sugar
- choose whole grains
- think about portion size
key principles of clean eating
- Drink water regularly & cut down on high calories drinks
- watch the fat, salt and sugar
- eat 5 to 6 small meal throughout the day
- Include protein , carbo and some fat in every meal
- choose unrefined instead of refined foods, intake whole grains , clean sugar like honey
- eat whole , natural foods & eliminate / minimise processed foods. -avoid anything in boxes, bags, cans, plastic package, containing ingredients that you don't recognise or understand the majority of food should be fresh.
- Eat a piece of fruits before your meals
- Halve the carbo in your food
- Eat more vege and meat instead
- steam, boil, bake or grill food- avoid using oil
- eat less sugar
- do not eat instant noodles, snacks, containing artificila preservatives and food colouring
- Do not eat four houes before bedtimes
- eat until you are only 70% full
- eat slowly and chew each mouthful 20 times
- monitoer your daily diet
- eat 5-6 times meals a day